Time flows through my hands like water
I rush to secure my grasp but cannot hold it
This moment is all I have
Past moments flood through my head
Wishing I could change them
I move forward
Alone
In the place I'm supposed to be now
A tear falls
I have reached the small peak of calm
But know this trek is longer
I pray that I will not obstruct the path again
My thoughts swim back to a smile that warms me up
and the sadness comes
So I come back to this moment
to remember this is where I am to be now
I am good
I am alone
I have given up what did not serve me
And life took away the rest
I miss those that are no longer here
All I control is right now.
------------
Wrote this poem in early March and had since forgotten about it, but was reminded of its sentiments recently so I thought I would post it.
1 comment:
i really like this! write more :)
Post a Comment