
I just finished reading The Adventures of Johnny Bunko by Daniel H. Pink. I'm a fan of graphic novels and wanted to see if I would appreciate information disseminated in this manner. From my days in publishing I heard that the military creates manuals in a similar format for its recruits. As I have never read What Color is Your Parachute? or Who Moved My Cheese? I can't compare the information presented. I would say this book was a fun read. I liked the graphic art and would recommend it to someone for light-reading. I felt the six lessons could have been expanded upon a little further. And also since the book is comparing itself (as you can see in the video below) to these other largely popular career books I felt there needed to be more meat within it. It looks though like there is a Johnny Bunko website that expands on and discusses different aspects of the book. So I recommend taking a look at it. (Image taken from www.johnnybunko.com)
Next up I am reading Quantum Wellness by Kathy Freston with a friend. As I'm not vegan nor plan to give up eating meat it will be interesting to see what I will take away from this book. I'll let you know what I think of the book once I finish it. Maybe I can convince my book buddy to post her thoughts as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment