I continue to actively seek out the things that bring me joy. Like cold water on a humid summer's day my goal is to bathe in it and see if I can handle it and how it will feel. As I ease into this beautiful place I am consciously choosing what information I take in and figuring out how to manage the rest. Sometimes in the time when externally we are not doing much our soul is mixing the base and pouring the foundation of who we are. I feel like this time I have taken amidst other people's judgments and my own as well has allowed something inside of me to discover and dust off new parts of myself that I didn't know I had or had forgotten were a part of me, and and put in their proper places the different elements that make up strength, confidence, resonation with self, hope, light, and peace. In getting comfortable with these elements and allowing them to co-exist my hope is that I will live with a perspective of abundance and find work, activities, and a way of life that fuels me to live a life of vibrant color. The friends in my life that I feel closest to are those people that live their lives from this place. They are determined, inquisitive, jovial women and men that manage to juggle life's contradictions. I think it is for this same reason that I love Sundance Channel's program
Iconoclasts. This show pairs celebrities from different arenas such as entertainment, politics, music, dance, and sports to talk about their life experiences. What appeals to me as well is the sense of passion that comes across from each person that is interviewed or rather that they have reached the frequency that resonates with him/her. Some shows in the past have included
Dave Chapelle and Maya Angelou, Madeleine Albright and Ashley Judd, Laird Hamilton and Eddie Vedder, Ruby Dee and Alicia Keys, Mario Batali and Michael Stipe, and Robert Redford and Paul Newman.
If you could choose someone to interview who would it be?
1 comment:
If I could interview anyone? Hard to pick - Jane Austen? Einstien? Leonardo Da Vinci?
You probably meant someone currently alive :) - can't think of anyone.
Post a Comment