March 1, 2010

Some people just don't get it.  And I can't overextend myself to explain the it to them.  Because my gut tells me not to, it sucks energy that I need to sustain myself and I realize I'm talking to a blank wall...nothing is going to stick with them and their arguing back to try and prove their point or tear down my stance leaves me angered, charged, and leads me away from my state of equilibrium and peace.  Am I better than this person because I get it and he or she doesn't?  Nope.  It means something to me, it is something I wish to incorporate or have incorporated into my life that I want to tell another person about, it is something that works and supports the way of life I am choosing to live.  And I no longer have the muscle to fight back/stand up/argue against to make my point.  Don't get me wrong...I do it with certain people, in certain circles where I know there is a real openness to consider other ideas, where we can go back and forth with questions and challenges and think about things and to be fair where there is like-mindedness about life.  But with some people, and in certain settings I just keep my mouth shut or in the case that prompted this I delete the email and forget it.  And then I go get quiet to find my equilibrium again.

2 comments:

Julia said...

Oh, it's so difficult finding the equilibrium after a "run-in" like this. You're right, some people just don't get it!

Hang in there!

Shalini said...

Oh no. Hope you find your equilibrium again.It's sad how relationships change in ways we don't expect when we change, too, but know that the people most important to you will respect and love you no matter what happens with you or your mutual relationships, at least, that's how it has been with me.