I'm just a girl looking for a greater meaning than what society tells us we should care about, yearning to find that which moves me and the sunlight that provides the warmth to dance in.
April 6, 2009
I walked until the words came out...
I walked until the words came out tonight. The air carried the smell of warmth and unpaved roads, rickshaws and trips to India. It reminded me of a summer night years ago when someone tried to teach me to drive stick shift through Delhi's streets. Shacks hidden in forests, cheese sandwiches on the streets late at night, ginger chai from the chaiwallah on the street. Memories of a time I can never go back. Memories of people who are now no longer. Memories of a place I feel I belong to thousands of miles from America that now makes no sense to me, a place where the nonsensical happened and happens every day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Beautifully captured. Can't wait until you return and let the experience filter through your words.
ahhh!
i would LOVE to meet up with
you one day in India
share chai
chatter:)
will you return soonish?
I was thinking of India today too
when not cleaning up after his excellence.....
Peace
and cheery puppy watching.
Wow - this post is simply beautiful.
I overheard part of a conversation the other day that this just reminded me of. Someone had mentioned to another that the Taj Mahal was not worth going to see in person because of how poor the air quality is in the area. "It's supposed to be white, but the air is so brown, you can barely see it," he said. It made me sad.
samosas - don't waste today being sad about yesterday, because tomorrow you might be reminiscing this today fondly. I miss India too, terribly at times.
Also, iTodd - I saw Taj Mahal 2 years ago and air quality wasnot bad at all. My daughter has all kind of allergies and asthma, and she had no trouble there :) Taj Mahal i as beautiful as ever :)
this is so beautiful. the memories, the honesty. lovely.
OK, where are you? Hope you are alright. Sending positive vibes your way! Miss your posts.
Post a Comment