September 10, 2009

Breaking open

I'm reading Elizabeth Lesser's Broken Open.  I've been "reading" this for some time now.  This entails picking it up for some reading material on the subway and reading the introduction, putting it down when I get home and then picking it up again weeks later and reading the same passage again.  Do I sound like a retard if I say I think I'm not reading this book because I think it addresses exactly what I'm dealing with, because the introduction alone has passages marked of phrases that resonated with me?  Things like "veneer of perfection" and "going to sleep". 

The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you.
Don't go back to sleep.
You must ask for what you really want.
Don't go back to sleep.
People are going back and forth across the doorsill where the two worlds touch.
The door is round and open.
Don't go back to sleep.
~Rumi

3 comments:

Marilyn Miller said...

What a great thought from Rumi of Not Going Back to Sleep. Very nice thought.

SE'LAH... said...

rumi rocks. you always share such great poetry.

have a great weekend.

SE'LAH... said...

rumi rocks. you always share such great poetry.

have a great weekend.