I'm just a girl looking for a greater meaning than what society tells us we should care about, yearning to find that which moves me and the sunlight that provides the warmth to dance in.
November 16, 2009
fun, cute, wondrous
I tried writing a poem tonight, but it got all tangled up. So instead I'm sharing another poem with you titled "One Boy Told Me" by Naomi Shihab Nye. If I ever have kids I would love to do this.
I would love to see your poem. Just say the poem, then write it the way you said it. Say it out loud, it helps if you read what you want to write or write it then read it out loud. That seems to make a difference when I am writing poetry. This way you get the rhythm of it. If there are tangled parts then you listen to the way it sounds, isolate what sounds tangled, then think of a different word. Assonance is one of the keys. Not so much as rhyming, it is more assonance. I wanna see that poem you wrote. I'm sure that it was heartfelt and terrific!
Earlier this week I was walking on the beach with J and the sun was shining off the coast a bit, making the waves really bright. I told her it was 'shiny' a new word for her. She looked at it for a minute and then patted her chest and said 'like me'!.
4 comments:
Enjoyed the poem.
I would love to see your poem. Just say the poem, then write it the way you said it. Say it out loud, it helps if you read what you want to write or write it then read it out loud. That seems to make a difference when I am writing poetry. This way you get the rhythm of it. If there are tangled parts then you listen to the way it sounds, isolate what sounds tangled, then think of a different word. Assonance is one of the keys. Not so much as rhyming, it is more assonance. I wanna see that poem you wrote. I'm sure that it was heartfelt and terrific!
Love this!
Earlier this week I was walking on the beach with J and the sun was shining off the coast a bit, making the waves really bright. I told her it was 'shiny' a new word for her. She looked at it for a minute and then patted her chest and said 'like me'!.
Thanks !
I love keeping a trace of these little funny things but very... "wise" at the same time that my daughters tell.
It's awesome :)
Post a Comment