June 2, 2010

Random thoughts are all I can muster at this moment...

1.  You know you're not in your twenties anymore when a word such as "sciatica" enters your vocabulary.


2.  I have very little patience (if any) for people who show a lack of generosity.


3.  I have yet to understand why people are in love with and strongly attached to Macs.


4.  I stood up for myself and my time with a friend recently in a way that was direct and firm, but not from a place of anger or callousness.  I will continue to stand up for myself with the people in my personal life who continue utilizing me as their pseudo-coach or pseudo-therapist.


5.  Had 15th row floor seats to see Pearl Jam recently.  This is the part where I'm supposed to say how amazing it was.  I think because I haven't followed any of their music since college and since they played a lot of new stuff I wasn't that moved.  I thought my friend's reaction was more interesting than the actual show.  Plus sometimes being the only woman in a group of men...it gets old...real fast.


6.  I can't believe people are spending $20,000 and more per piece at Mr. Brainwash's ICONS show.  How are his pieces art?


7.  El secreto de sus ojos reminds me why I love foreign mystery films.


8.  People keep asking me if I've consulted my family about a career decision I'm trying to make.  How are you supposed to consult people about a career they have no concept or understanding of?  


9.  I really can't relate to the friends I have whose entire life is solely about their children and husband...where their interests and health are the last priority and where anything you say to express concern about this is met with "You're not a mom so you don't understand."


10.  I'm tired of hearing people complain about Facebook.  No one is forcing you to join or be on it.


11.  Why didn't Predictably Irrational and The Upside of Irrationality get as much press and attention as Freakonomics?


12.  My brain is exhausted.  Sorry for this list.

2 comments:

Audrey said...

i agree, macs are overrated...

a career decision? i want to hear more! hope life is treating you well! :)

Caroline Hagood said...

Don't be sorry for the list. I enjoyed your random thoughts.