June 6, 2010

Links from the month of May

Art I've seen lately:  
Renegade Craft Fair : Fun
ICONS : Thierry Guetta was there. Why are people are paying thousands of dollars for this art?
May Day : Some gorgeous images
Mamma Mia! : Actor who plays Sophie weak.  Actor who played Donna awesome.  Overall okay.
Away We Go : Loved it!  All of the actors were great, especially Maya, John and Maggie
Pearl Jam : Great seats.  Overall okay.
The Real Housewives of New York: Such drama and fake behavior...are these women really adults?

Places I've eaten lately:
Locanda Verde : Overrated
Candle 79 : Good food, could do without the air of pretension and the soy lattes
QI : Good food and drinks (except the fish specials)
Bread and Butter : Easy going, laid back, nice place, decent food
Sundaes & Cones : Good for people with sweet tooths 
Siggy's Good Food : Casual place, good for lunch

Artists whose work I like:
Raw Toast Design : Love the sense of humor in his prints
John Murphy : Bold colors and whimsy
Fernworks : Not a fan usually of jewelry like this, but nicely crafted work
moth written : Loved this concept, especially the t-shirt that says Kiss Me I'm Irish in Arabic

People I've been reading lately:
Dan Ariely : Worth checking out, good ideas, fun public speaker
Elna Baker : Funny, enjoying her stories on NPR and her book
Martha Beck
Pamela Slim

Giving back lately:

2 comments:

Gill said...

I love this list! To be honest I've never felt the need to see Momma Mia. Don't know why?

Great list of reads there...!
I'm slow Anu, but I'm reading the Memory Keeper's Daughter...and it is good. It is old but I'm slow what can I say.

Hope you have a more fantastic JUNE!
Can't wait to see what you link for June. World Cup soccer of course :D
xoxoxo Enjoy this Sunday!!!

Caroline Hagood said...

I like this format--it's like a tour of what you've been mentally touring.