September 23, 2010

a few hours later...

Do you have any ghosts in your life?  Not literally, although if you have those then feel free to share. Ghosts from your past that still haunt your waking life.  I have one.  I probably have more than one in certain ways, but anyway I have one very prominent one.  For years I was okay with the allowance I made for his presence to be with me everywhere I went.  I was sure this proved the depth of my feeling for him and that that depth of feeling proved he was a wonderful man despite what his behaviors revealed.  

I'm wiser now.  And know none of that to be the truth.  And although I'm standing much more on my own these days this ghost still shows up at inopportune times.  Nowadays I notice there are long stretches of time when he isn't even in the room with me.  But as soon as I start daydreaming he shows up.  Like a scene from Inception out of nowhere he'll show up there.  I used to invite him.  I used to like having him there.  I thought it meant we would reunite in the real world.  But now he is no longer welcome.  His presence is not needed anymore or warranted.  It is an intrusion.  And now I see him walk onto the set and I wonder who invited him and WHY is he here?  And every single time he shows up it ruins everything.  It ruins the dreams, the hopes, the excitement.  Like a Dementor his presence sucks all the attention and air out of the dream.  It becomes difficult to get back on course and shut him out.  (I wonder what my Patronus would be.)  

Dear Universe:
I've moved to a new location.  At this new address I no longer require the services of the ghost.  He no longer belongs here.  Please send him away to haunt someone new.  It is time now for me to be free.
Samosas for One

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well said: "I was sure this proved the depth of my feeling for him and that that depth of feeling proved he was a wonderful man despite what his behaviors revealed."

Samosas for One said...

Anonymous: Thank you.