I'm just a girl looking for a greater meaning than what society tells us we should care about, yearning to find that which moves me and the sunlight that provides the warmth to dance in.
September 28, 2010
This is who I am
You can get better treatment elsewhere?
Then by all means
please go
This is who I am
This is the stage I'm in
I've released the dream
of being perfect
and pleasing you and you and you too
I'm selfish
self-absorbed
more than others
sure maybe
I don't understand you or her
and I realize now
understanding is a waste of my time
I can't mend what you see as cracked
because I don't see the fissure
I can't give you humanity
when I'm trying to locate my own
so either you meet me here
blemishes and all
take me however present i can be right now
or you bail
either way is fine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Absolutely perfect! That's the way it should be and you are right on the money for saying it! Congratulations!
Post a Comment