October 16, 2010

Sometimes you just feel lonely.

It creeps up on you unexpectedly.

You always assume it is loneliness for friendship.

But maybe it is longing for companionship.

But possibly last time companionship existed

it was disguised

and turned out to be something else.

Maybe the shock from that blast

its echoes although faint now still reverberate

You wake up shaken

on alert that an image

rattles you still.

So little rabbit
what do you do now?
Remained overwhelmed with all that is around?
Or get up and get moving on a few small things?

4 comments:

Shalini said...

Oh, well, hmm. If you were me, you would stay overwhelmed, perhaps by eating a candy bar in bed (klassy). But you're probably not going to do that, huh?

Caroline Hagood said...

I've certainly experienced this feeling. As much as you want to curl up in a cave, it does help to get going.

Samosas for One said...

I was slow, but I got moving. It helped.

Jocy said...

I'm moving slowly. I'm a snail.