October 22, 2008

I've been tagged:

Pink Dogwood tagged me:

Two questions in each category answer them and then tag your friends from the blog-o-sphere. (Simple enough right) Leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been tagged and you are all set.

1. Yesterday:
What is your oldest memory?
What were you doing 10 years ago?

2. Today:

What was your first thought today morning?

If you built a time capsule today what would it contain?

3. Tomorrow:
Tell us about this year.
What do you see yourself doing 14 years from now?

Normally I like being tagged, but this one is hard for me to write.

1. I don't know what is my actual oldest memory rather than something I have been told or images from photos I've seen. So I will say when I was in montessori preschool I remember going to the nailpolish set and doing my nails. I find this memory funny and odd. In my preschool pictures I have my nails painted. That would make you think I'm such a girly girl and I'm not.

Ten years ago I think I was working with women with severe personality disorders who cut and burned themselves and who were constantly in crisis. It was a very humbling job and one I will never do again. Social work is an industry strife with dysfunctional case workers. While I worked with and for some really good people I also worked among some colleagues that really needed to complete their own personal work before venturing out to help someone. The first time I met one of my colleagues she asked me to interpret her dream about her father chasing her and also that she believed she was clairvoyant and was doing readings on my clients.

2. My first thought today was I'm glad I'm getting up earlier than usual.

If I built a time capsule I think it would include letters from and photographs of the people I care about, my mom's recipes, and if it wouldn't go bad my mom's matar paneer, bindi and roti, toor dal and rice, kulfi, and green chutney.

3. This year has been one of transition, a very slow evolution of self professionally, romantically, emotionally, physically. It has been a year of taking responsibility, learning to let go, seeing how I cause what happens in my life, etc.

14 years from now is a random time frame. 14 years from now I hope that I am sharing my life with someone who values and respects me. Maybe we have children or I'm a really cool Anu Aunty. I spend my time surrounding myself with people and activities that bring me joy and I'm no longer afraid of taking a step forward.

I am tagging the wonderful writers of Diary of a Self-Portrait, Ink on my Fingers, Persisting Stars, Zena Musings and Bartlett Ohana.

3 comments:

pink dogwood said...

cool Anu - thanks for playing along. My daughter loves matar paneer as well :) I should have you over for dinner sometime with matar paneer, bindi and roti, toor dal and rice, kulfi, and green chutney

Jessie said...

such wonderful and interesting answers! :) these are some thought-provoking questions and so thank you for tagging me, my friend! :)

as for your mom's cooking...mmmm...sounds delicious! dang, i'm hungry.

Audrey said...

i saw that you tagged me...sorry i haven't done it yet :)