I know you want me to write something here. But I have no clue what to write here in a coherent fashion. It is a new year. I am celebrating by spending time with all the out of town friends that are visiting. But I know that in a few days this time will end and it will be on to the next step. I've been organizing my apartment, finally framed all the photographs and artwork I have and am hanging them. Been spending a lot of time with new friends and old acquaintances and reaching out and changing up my usual outings. I've been reading a lot of this and that and then some. Mostly though I've realized things within me have settled. The things that in the past got me so bent out of shape...so much of them weren't my business, they were other people's business. And the dramas that I had in my life that were about me were me taking something and augmenting it to some exponential degree. Usually most things were not that big a deal or did not need to be made into such a big deal as I made them to be. I learned the hard way in 2009 what it feels like for a man who claimed he cared about you to treat you with disregard. What an important lesson to learn. I've learned a lot more about my own fears and ceilings. And mostly I've just gained better hold on myself. Whether that means anything to anyone else in my life I don't know and whether that holds any value within my Indian community is a moot point as well because first and foremost it means something to me. It means a lot to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment