I am quiet
calm
unfettered
silent
I am thinking about birth
moms
the beginning of new life
I would say there are few spiritual moments in life
and the birth of a child is one of them
but this way of thinking no longer applies to me
I think there are many spiritual moments in life
every day
but there is something to be said
for the external and apparent moment
of the birth of a child
I am reminded at this moment of an interview I once heard with author Isabel Allende
I searched online and found this (part 2)
This speaks to me to this place from which I want to live my life
The world does not seem to care about this
But I care
In this space my world is no longer
pushed around
by immature boyfriends
by family hysterics
by the outside world trying to push its value system upon me.
In this place I am not sucked into other's dramas and issues
I do not seek to change those around me
I only seek to grow myself
Marianne Williamson once said...
"...as we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others."
This is all I can do for those in my life--
develop as much as possible
into the person that most resonates with me.
Oprah Winfrey once said...
"The whole point of being alive
is to evolve into the complete person
you were intended to be."
and
"We can’t become
what we need to be
by remaining what we are."
3 comments:
Hi Anu, I love that Williamson quote... and it is very liberating to be that person, that light, that relaxes others into their own lit filled spaces.
I have never read David Whyte but I'll check him out. And I do love Isabel Allende's TED talk... have you heard it? I'm going to click on your Allende link now.
Oh just watched it- wonderful! She really is something. I never knew this site existed, keep posting stuff like this up -I am finding things though you :)
My goodness, she is so beautiful. I read a few of her books years ago, but have never heard her speak. That reminded me of how much her works nourished. Have you read the book "Woman Who Run With The Wolves" by Pinkola-Estes?
Post a Comment