April 15, 2010

bound to happen


I'm sitting here biting my nails...something I do that I loathe about myself, but only happens when I'm feeling anxious about something.  Oh man.  This is the part of the change process I hate.  I should get up and start doing the easy things on my to do list in order to motivate myself to move on to the harder things.  But all I'm doing is sitting here reading trashy news on Huff Post and writing this.  I had a dream last night, a dream that took a very personal turn, in which I said something to someone I haven't seen in over 10 years...something that I've never openly stated in any previous dreams with this person or openly stated to myself in my waking life in many years.  It isn't revelatory, makes sense really...but maybe it was the emotion attached to what I said and how I said it that is sending small shock waves through me.  But it is coming up because it is time to release this holding on to the past.  I don't believe real love ever dies, even when those relationships end.  Even if years pass and you no longer think of that person on a regular basis, their beauty and essence line your very being I believe. 

On another note this post includes 3 images from the New York Metropolitan Museum of Art.  Isn't this mirror gorgeous?

I walked by this advertisement early one morning at my local health foods grocery store.  Something about the suggestive nature, and an Indian woman eating this packaged Indian food while wearing all her expensive Gold jewelery made me laugh.

Do you ever feel like this upon waking?  :)

3 comments:

Yoli said...

I have photographed that mirror so many times. I think the mirror will forever remember my face...LOL. Stop biting your nails and get to doing something energetic.

Lori said...

Isn't it interesting our dreams give us such wonderful insights into our selves. Let's us know what to give our self from our higher consciousness. Cool! Hope the dream has helped you!

Caroline Hagood said...

I love how your words and images go together. I do love that mirror, and, yes, I have felt like that upon waking:)