I don't have time for your bullshit anymore. Not when it is directed towards me. See here's the thing. I've put up with bullshit for most of my life. Bullshit from family and their issues (EVERY family has this; stop judging), my own bullshit, big time bullshit from some of the men I've dated, and bullshit from friends. I've come to find this week that although I've softened and changed my position/attitude about things that used to consume me....they no longer stress me out compared to how they did in the past...there is still bullshit in my life that will remain there if I continue to allow it space...and why would I give bullshit a place to take up residence in my life? That space is valuable so I think it is time to evict this resident and find new tenants. Does that make me a bitch? I guess that is a matter of personal opinion. But this life is my property; I own it...and I am the only person here to look out for its well-being. Sorry if this doesn't meet your needs, but I'm ready to be a priority and I can't live in that place of excuses that I lived in for so long about why someone isn't making me a priority. In that way things are very black and white. Years ago when Oprah interviewed the now deceased Professor Randy Pausch on her show she asked since he would not be there while his daughter was growing up what advice he wanted to leave for her. And one of the things he said was that when it came to men she should always look at a man's actions, instead of just listening to his words...that men can say anything, but what holds more meaning is what actions they take in how they treat her. That has always stayed with me. How you treat someone is important. Strong messages are sent that usually go unspoken. I'm listening to those messages loud and clear now. 3 days ago I stated that I wouldn't be taking any phone calls after midnight and I've stuck to that statement. In the same vein I'm no longer going to engage with people who are just giving me bullshit. Don't get me wrong...these are good people (I wish I was only referring to one person, but I'm not), but they have shown through their actions that I'm not a priority or they haven't given me proper and respectful consideration or when they need something they show up, but when I ask something of them the favor isn't returned with the same sense of urgency as when I gave it. Enough. I'm done.
No comments:
Post a Comment