I'm tired. Not in a bad way. (What exactly is a bad way to be tired?) Guess what I'm trying to say is I'm tired cause I've been pushing myself beyond...which is good. The person I am now has some type of padding, or strength, or haze, or distance from the person I was last year or the year before. I can still see that woman and picture what she was going through, but when I try to do that I have no interest anymore in that, it feels like I'm overextending myself which I know means that is no longer a place I'm to pay attention looking back at. Sometimes when someone is telling me about a problem they are struggling with a thought will pass through my mind with great conviction and that thought is always related to the person going back to the foundation of the problem, what it ties back to at the deepest level rather than just on the daily, top layer. I believe real change happens when you delve beneath the surface not one layer in, but down to your core. Apparently I'm finding this is not a common attitude. To each his own of course. I remain perplexed about why more people don't go back to the foundation and try to break ground there...that is where all the gold is without a doubt. The more I feel this the more I look around me for my people. I'm surrounded by so many beautiful people who continue to not live anywhere close to their potential. A problem occurs, they put a bandaid on it and move forward. Said problem arises again, another bandaid. The problems continues until there is some type of explosion or brick through the window moment and then things get quiet. The core issue underlying things seems to rarely be addressed and the problem shows up once again in his/her life. It may look different, but it is still the same problem. The skeleton of the situation is the same. It will be there until it is dealt with. It doesn't go away just because time passes or distance is obtained. It can only truly be put to rest when someone addresses it.
No comments:
Post a Comment