I love my coach. It is amazing to me the difference when I come to a call with her emotionally organized so to speak. I don't just talk and talk with no structure. I say what I need to say in a compact manner, sharing the information that is essential rather than all the little annoyances that are not important. And she asks me questions or gives me feedback in a way that is direct and to the point. I sometimes feel like I shouldn't talk about my work with her in front of others, but I'm no longer going to limit myself because of another. Writing this makes me think of that Marianne Williamson quote. (Don't run away because of the "child of God" or "glory of God" parts. You don't have to be religious or believe in God for this quote to strike something in you.) "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." This so resonates with me. I don't fully know why it is that some of us are afraid of success, power, the ability to make things happen, but I know that when I read this quote it settles somewhere inside of me. If it wasn't so voluminous I would make it art on one of the walls in my apt. "If you build it they will come"...the famous line from The Field of Dreams...and the Zen proverb "When the pupil is ready to learn, a teacher will appear." I'm ready and there are a bounty of teachers in my life.
1 comment:
I love this quote ... thanks again for sending it my way.
Post a Comment