(Photo I took at the ICONS exhibit in May 2010 in New York)
Sometimes I feel alone in this whole class process, but I see now I must walk this path alone and that I'm just seeking collusion and not giving into it which is why I feel this way.
I still feel anxiety about the myriad of things that are askew in my life, but I'm finding a way to sit with that anxiety instead of being as dramatic and freaking out about it.
I have really amazing friends who are really good to me. I see not all people have this and I am very thankful that I do and I recognize that I'm not half as bad as I think I am or these people wouldn't be in my life.
I have a lot of reading to do for class. I feel ready to do it now.
If you know me you know in my apartment I have a bookcase full of books and magazines that I haven't read. I looked at it the other day and realized this is a bookcase for my essential self. I've been buying collecting these things for years. My essential self was there coming out in its own way all these years.
I'm going to spend the weekend reading, getting my apartment more organized, framing art/photos, preparing for a trip, planning another trip and getting my sleep cycle back on track.
Have a good weekend!
1 comment:
Is that what bookshelves are then? I have felt mine mocking me ever so subtly over the months / years...."You hypocrite!" But really, that was a misinterpretation. The Essential Self. Huh. Ok. Can you elaborate? Actually, I'd really like it if you could take some photo's of your shelf and well intended purchases and then methodically explain your motivations and inspirations from these purchases. I think that would be very interesting. For instance, I have had a low grade stress reaction every time a Somatic Psychology book catches my eye. It was a loaner, which makes it all the more pressing and depressing that I haven't cracked it in almost a year.
Post a Comment