July 8, 2010

What activities put you in flow?

(Photo taken at the ICONS exhibit in New York in May 2010)

I feel like I traveled the world in one day yesterday.  I went from feeling stuck and wanting to stew to movement, movement, movement.  Is there anything you do in your life that when you engage in said activity you just feel like you've hit your flow (re: Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi), all self-consciousness falls away, all worries about life disappear and you're completely fixed into that moment?  What brings you this type of joy, focus, concentration?

3 comments:

Shalini said...

Reading and running.

McLovin said...

Reading used to do that for me....used to.

I feel it when I am acting sporty in a new activity. For example:
roller skating
kayaking
dancing this last weekend at 1015
baking
riding

good question by the way!

Unknown said...

Teaching! When the lesson is working, that is!