July 25, 2010

I should care about a lot of things today, but I don't.  Today I feel in a funk because I know what I "should" be doing and yet I'm not doing it, any of it.  Part of the struggle today I think is about respect and trying to break away from those relationships I have where I don't respect the person.  Problem is those relationships are also my crutches and I know that.  But just like in my professional life I'm finding that I'm reaching this point where I can't walk into any situation anymore with someone I don't respect...I physically just won't go...to make myself go would involve me truly forcing myself with everything inside of me and frankly I think that reserve needs not to be depleted since there are some functions with extended family that i just can't get out of and so i need to keep everything for that.  do you think i'm a jerk for saying and stating that so obviously?  whatever.  everyone lives in this world of hide the truth.  tired of it.

to get anywhere in life involves a lot of action that i always see as isolating.  this is how i found writing papers in college as well.  i found it really hard because it was such an isolating activity.  i feel the same way about class now.  the only real excitement and enthusiasm i have for my class stems from the material we read which is great.  but interaction with classmates and instructors is just ok and ok is on a good day.  if i had to make a list right now i could name at least 5 things that i do or want to do that bring me joy and that excite me in my life and yet i don't actively try to do more of these things.

Somewhere years ago while stuck in some stupid Corporate America job my spirit committed suicide and I just stopped working.  No one thought this would happen, that one day I would just up and quit...but I did.  and i can never go back.  if i went back to that office i would sit there like they were speaking danish and i couldn't understand them.  i can't bring myself to do that work anymore.  i can't bring myself to be around certain people anymore.  i can't i don't want to live this life anymore.  papa told me once that when i was little that i wasn't doing any of the natural progressions kids do to start walking.  they were concerned, but the doctor said everything was okay.  then one day i just got up and started walking, no in between.  who knows if this story is true or not, but it sorta makes sense given who i am.

1 comment:

Caroline Hagood said...

This all sounds very familiar. Sounds to me like the combination of pushing forward with your classes plus doing more of those things that make you happy might get you from "not walking" to "walking."