July 13, 2010

Sometimes people just suck



Today, just now, I hit my breaking point.  Today, just now, I'm fed up and angry and frustrated with myself.  Today, just now, I want to yell.  But there is no one to hear me.  There is no friend or family here to listen.  Everyone is so busy with their own lives and concerns that no one has the time or attention span to give of themselves and see how I am.  Even the good friends I know truly care about me have so much going on that my desire for some support and help is going unmet.

I surrender.

I surrender to the idea that this journey I'm on will just be something I walk alone.  I surrender to the fact that if I need support I will have to openly ask for it from my friends and then understand I may not receive it.  I surrender to the fact that when others need support I tend to err on the side of being there for them...even if at my own expense.

I just wish I knew how to surrender all this and give up my expectations without resenting my friends.