As I sat on the A train coming home this afternoon I was soaked in a mixture of my thoughts from earlier today and my therapist's offerings on said thoughts. And here is what came to my mind:
Maybe life isn't a zero-sum game
Maybe love isn't a zero-sum game
There are so many paradigm shifts happening in my life right now, more than one concurrently. The truth is the paradigm shifts are major and I'm walking out on a lot of limbs in various different parts of my life. And what I've been missing throughout this journey is awareness from those people who I'm close with about these efforts I'm making. And I'm allowed to be sad and a little mad about that. I'm learning to let go a little on wanting that external validation. I know that paradigm has to shift to internal validation, except that it is already sort of there. And I think in any process of REAL change (like starting to exercise or diet) it is acceptable to want some support from your friends along the way.
1 comment:
True, you may have to nudge me sometimes, but my support is here.
Post a Comment