April 10, 2010

Emerging...

I've been slowly working my way back to feeling better.  I've been little-by-little taking better care of myself.  (Just stopped writing to take my vitamins...bleck.  Anyone have a suggestion for a multivitamin that isn't the size of a horse pill?)  I'm been setting limits on what and who I allow into my life.  My time is important.  I want it spent in specific ways, ways defined only by myself.  I know what my priorities are, I have for a long time...just haven't been holding myself to them enough.  Every single priority on my short list requires a new way of being.  That idea can be daunting.  I think I always needed time to get to this place where I could take a step in a new way, in a new direction, and leave the past behind.  I'm not the type of person who can be forced to do things.  I'm stubborn and staunch in my stance I know, but I'm not above changing my position and realizing and admitting that I was wrong or that there is a better way of thinking/approaching something.

Alongside this I've decided it is time to state out loud what it is I want truly from a romantic relationship.  Over many years I've wondered to myself certain questions such as: Could I date someone of another religious background who strongly practiced that religion?  And every time I have done that the person who would help me answer that question has shown up in my life.  A month ago in this writing space I stated that it was time for something new.  And right after I declared that here it showed up in my life.  It may not be in the exact way that fits me, but I cannot miss acknowledging the fact that what I asked for was then presented to me.

Here was my Note from the Universe a few days ago:
Invariably, when big dreams come true, and I mean BIG, Samosas for One, there is a total metamorphosis of one's life. Their thoughts change, their words change, decisions are made differently, gratitude is tossed about like rice at a wedding, priorities are rearranged, and optimism soars.... Yeah, they're almost annoying.

You could have guessed all that, huh?

Would you have guessed that these changes, invariably, come before, not after, their dream's manifestation?

Samosas for One, invariably means always.

2 comments:

Shalini said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
McLovin said...

I love the living, breathing power of the Law of Attraction. I love that the Universe is listening to you. It reassures me that it has my direct line as well. Why don't I call it more often?!

Keep focusing on you. Put that life vest, oxygen mask on first and breath deeply!

I have smiled, acknowledged, then turned the other way several lovely times this past week because I knew this or that guy wasn't in the cards for me. It has felt so good and empowering. Keep it up!